I Had So Many Children I Didn't Know What To Do...

We all have choices in life. We rarely get to know if we've made the right ones, but there are the rare occasions that we are given a hint that we may have.

Let me paint you a picture.
Somewhere out there is a trailor set in the middle of a farm on a quiet hilltop. Inside is a 1, 2, 3, and 4yr old simulating mexican jumping beans.
Ok I'll back up, I have a 14yr. old a 1 yr. old and 6yr. old. (I chose three life sentences spaced far apart).
My younger brother chose to get child rearing over all at once, hence a 2, 3, and 4yr. old.
His ventures in life have sent him to Texas for three days and left the children in my care.
Did I mention this is a trailor?

Now any one will figure it takes alot of patience and attention to manage several small children at once. Just how much? Every last ounce you can muster!

I decided yesterday that non stop planned activity would work best here so I announced at breakfast "Today is the dog's birthday and we will be having a party!"
A loud series of yays, three falls from the chairs, a bloody lip and one bowl of cereal on the floor later, we start baking a cake at 8am.

The weekend was very enlightening. I have come to the conclusion that parents of more than small child need help.
I don't mean that sarcastically now, I just mean you guys definatly need certain things.

Time for yourself is a must. Even if you only set aside one hour a day (after they are asleep) you need to do this every day.

Utilize your parks and yards. Take part in free activities that keep them busy. Use the library preschool hour. In doing these things you many find a much needed friend. If you can't get out i suggest using the internet to find friends and support. TheJesusClub is a place to find inspirational information and meet other friendly people looking for friends through prayer. Or if you are looking for parenting information and tips Click here to join ClubMom it is free and there is also a "cafe" where parents meet to chat.

However you spend your me time, be sure to make it an unbreakable date. I have only seen four days worth of this lifestyle and I'm charishing this me time more than ever!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good. I do not know who you are but certainly you're going to a famous blogger if you are not already ;) Cheers!



Feel free to surf to my blog ... integrityrolex.ucoz.com